The Canberra Nature Map project is a repository for park care groups, volunteers and members of the public to report sightings of rare and endangered plant species and the many treasures that Canberra’s nature parks are home to.
Please visit www.CanberraNatureMap.org to participate. It is a very simple process
1. Users register with the site.
2. Photos are taken with smart phones or GPS enabled cameras.
3. Photos are uploaded to Canberra Nature Map.
4. Location information is extracted from inside the photos and the particular Nature Park is determined automatically.
5. The community can discuss and suggest species identification.